Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lu Lu's

A beach trip is not complete without some good seafood. I had visions of everyone riding the boat to Lu Lu's for a big lunch. But with the maintenance issues on the boat, we didn't get that opportunity, so we did the next best thing and drove! Thursday morning, Kiki and I took the three older kids to a FREE movie--at the Cobb Theatre close to Target--and afterwards, Uncle Adam wanted to take the kids out to lunch, so we decided on Lu Lu's. Usually when we are at the River, we try to stay off the beaten tourist path, but this trip, I wanted nothing but to be right in the middle of all the other sun-burned vacationers. Lu Lu's was great. We got to sit outside right beside the sand so the kids could literally play while we ate. After everyone got done with a fabulous meal--Jake became a ketchup lover-who knew?--Nana and I headed to the gift shop to get shirts for everyone while Kiki and Adam watched the kids play. They had a great time. It looked like we had been to the beach when we left! Everyone was covered in WET sand!! Thanks for lunch Uncle Adam, and for the shirts, Nana!!
Uncle Adam and Kiki

Just documenting that I actually WAS there!

Nana and her girl!

Jake had a BLAST!! This fountain is supposed to be for the children to "wash" the sand off before eating, but Jake decided it was a pool!

His brother and sister quickly followed suit! They must have one COOL mom!

Showing off our Lu Lu's shirts AFTER everyone had a bath!
Who had FUN at Lu Lu's?

1 comment:

Kellie Berry said...

precious and so fun!