Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just a bunch of River Rats!

If you have known me for very long, you know that I absolutely LOVE any body of water-Beach, Pool, even River-if you can swim in it, count me in. I am so thankful to say that all three of the kids seem to share that love with me. Saturday as our last hoorah we swam off the pier and rode in the boat a little bit. The boat had some maintenance issues earlier in the week, so we were thankful to get to play in the boat even a little bit. We each rode the tube behind the boat--Jake and Nana included! The kids had a ball. The ONLY way I got them out of the water was to tell them that we are going to Papa's next weekend so we can ride his boat and swim in his river! Not sure how I'll get them out next weekend!!

SPLASH!! It was so HOT. We were glad to cool off in the river.

Dean and Daddy enjoying the river!

I know you can't see this well, but that is Nana with Dean. I was so impressed that Nana, first of all swam in the river with us and second, that she let Dean talk her into riding the tube! She was yelling the whole time for Matt to not go fast!!!

Madelynn couldn't be outdone!

This girl was my hero! She jumped in with NO FEAR and swam straight to the ladder to do it all over again. I was so proud!

Cooling off in the river. Jake LOVED it!

Go faster, faster, Daddy!
Jake got a turn this time and LOVED it as much as the rest of us!!

  • Ahhhhhhhh.........so at home on the boat. He's already trying to get Matt to let him drive!

    Finally...............the boat is in the water!

    Waiting on Daddy to bring the boat around--we were ready for a boat ride!

No comments: