Monday, June 29, 2009

More Fun in the Sun!

I know, I know............seems like we were JUST at the beach. This time we got to take Daddy! Matt had some continuing education classes that he needed that just happened to be in Gulf Shores last week, so the kids and I tagged along and made a week of it. We stayed with Nana and Pop at their house on the Bon Secour river. Matt's sister and her husband--Aunt Kiki and Uncle Adam--joined us on Wednesday night for some fun. Even Matt's sister, Becky's, son John Beekman spent two nights with us. The best thing about "The River" is that we can be at the beach in 15 minutes, swim off the pier, ride the boat to the gulf and catch fish, or just relax inside and read a book. The rule is: "When you're at the river, you get to do whatever you want." Of course, with kids, that is not entirely true, but with Nana and Kiki to help out, we all pretty much did whatever we wanted. It was a great week of family and fun. I took a TON of pictures, of course, and feel like I've been organizing a term paper so that I can blog about them all! So stay tuned.......
Cousin John Beekman and Madelynn dancing in the waves.

Uncle Adam and cool man, Jake!!


Me and my little fish riding the waves.

Dean with Cousin John Beekman enjoying the waves.

Aunt Kiki trying to cool off with Jake.


Jake trying his best to get that shovel off that pail!
Building sandcastles......

Daddy and his girl in the gulf......

2 comments:

l cummins said...

not fair!

Shannon Willcutt said...

O.k., every time I leave you a comment, I feel like I say, "Lucy has that outfit!" Lucy has that bathing suit!! Do we have the same taste or what??!!