Friday, March 6, 2009

He is FAITHFUL

I know, I know, a lot less talk, a little more pictures of the kids, but just had to post what God did for me this morning. Since it is tax season, Matt is getting home late and so, we are staying up a little bit later than we usually do so that we have a chance to communicate. Anyway, the shortened sleep time has wreaked havoc on my quiet time. Yesterday, I was reading some blogs that I follow and one I read said that we don't FEAR God like we should. And, if I did FEAR God like I should, I would never miss an appointment with him because I am, basically, lazy! Hit me right where it hurts. This morning I woke up around 4:45 scared. I mean like one of those terrible feelings like something bad has happened to someone you love. When the alarm clock went off a few minutes later, I literally jumped! Of course, I got up, turned the alarm clock off, went to the bathroom and got back in the bed. As I lay there trying to catch those last few minutes of precious rest, it hit me. God woke me up so that I could spend time with him!!! When I read that blog yesterday, I asked God to help me with finding "QUIET" time to spend with him. I should have known that He would pull through. So, while Matt was in the shower and everyone else was sleeping, God and I had an appointment this morning and how sweet it was. I am still amazed at how real, current, and relevant MY GOD is!!!!

3 comments:

Kellie Berry said...

so sweet! God is definitely good!

Anonymous said...

can we put a family date with the sassers as soon as possible after tax season? we need some matt/mel time!!

Anonymous said...

Melanie, I so appreciated this blog. You have no idea how I struggle with this. Thank you.